Fun facts about coco coir
- byproduct of coconut industry (left over husk of coconut that is not used for any other purpose); this makes it a wonderful sustainable product!
- it is also a renewable product in that we do not need to mine for it, and as long as we have coconuts growing we can have coco coir!
- a fully expanded coco coir brick can hold 9 to 10 times its volume in water
- neutral pH
- Coco Coir bricks are also naturally free of bacteria, plant disease, fungal spores, weeds, seeds, and pathogens
- good air space for root development